Version 3.8.9 (August 16 2005)
- Battle Rank Increase: Battle Rank (BR) 24 and 25 have been added. No new certifications or implants added for these ranks.
- Reaching BR 24 grants the toggleable helm. The commands to use this new feature are /hide_helmet and /helmet.
- Reaching BR 25 grants new armor graphics.
- Certificate Reallocation: BR 6, BR 12, and BR 18 no longer give certificate points. Instead these three cert points are given at BR1.
- Heavy Scout Rifle: The Heavy Scout Rifle is now available to soldiers with the Sniping certification.
- Training Missions: Vehicle Training Mission added and other training missions have been updated.
- Performance Enhancements: Some performance enhancements changes have been made.
- In Game Ads: An In Game advertisement system has been added through billboard style ads that are streamed by Massive Incorporated.
- EULA Updated: Please note the End User License Agreement (EULA) for Planetside has been updated. You can view the updated version during the log in process after Tuesday's Update or at 1.
- Darklight Vision now costs 3 stamina points to activate, in addition to the normal stamina drain while it is active.
- Third-person view now cancels Darklight Vision and vice-versa.
- In-game help has been updated and reorganized
- Added vehicle hit sound (replaces player grunts when taking damage in a vehicle).
- Boomers placed near generators, medical terminals, and BFR terminals, certification terminals will now do the correct amount of damage.
- Boomers placed outside spawn tubes will now do the correct amount of damage whether the door is opened or closed.
- Boomers placed inside spawn tubes will now do the correct amount of damage whether the door is opened or closed.
- The Switchblade should no longer take an excessive amount of time to repair at a silo. This also affects the Flail and Router!
- MAX Armor: NC Max shield should now turn off when in Galaxy.
- Maelstrom: Maelstrom chain lash grenade splash can no longer go through ceilings and damage enemies above
- Maelstrom: Chain-Lash Grenade Mode: Should now cause the correct damage when it detonates on the middle part of base tunnel walls
- Router Telepads should no longer appear as a Boomer in the overhead map
- The Striker will no longer lock on to cloaked AMSes while the wielder is outside the cloak bubble.
- Deployables no longer display on overhead map if they are deleted while a player is respawning
- Boomer icon no longer remains on map after it has been detonated
- Users should now be able to see 'Global' and 'Command' messages while dead
- Achievements: Date should now sort correctly
- Players should no longer get stuck at training mission steps (waypoint, delay trigger)
- Mission Status window: Clicking on the help icon should now point to the correct help page
- Help: Offline Training is no longer listed in the help section
- Empire Benefits window is now resizable
- Statistics pane is now resizable
- Character Info: Training: Matrix Panel is no longer missing from the tasks list.
- First Time Help: Cyssor, Ishundar: Capitols are no longer mentioned in the text
Air Vehicle Changes:
- Galaxy, Lodestar: Should now properly kick vehicles when cargo access changes.
- Repair animation on landing pads should now stop playing when fully healed when you have the Armor Bonus benefit
- BFRs: Should now correctly become disabled when the Vehicle Status bar reaches 0
- Soldiers should now be able to deconstruct at an AMS just hacked
- Avatars can no longer become invisible if they move too far from a vehicle pad before the vehicle is created
- The Orbital Strike waypoint should no longer remain visible after completion
- Empires should no longer lose enemy vehicle benefits when capturing a base
- Location of Flight Vehicle projectiles should now update while dead
- MAX units should now show on the Interlink Facility radar all the time, but manned turrets should only shoot them when they are in run mode in any case.
- You should no longer receive an "unknown error" message after adding a friend twice
- You should now be able to respawn at valid available bases
- Amerish: Warping to the geowarp will now place you at the correct location
- Soldiers can now correctly respawn at a base if spawn tubes get repaired while zoning