Version 2.6.5 (April 21, 2004)
- High resolution textures will now display properly. Since this calls higher graphical features, users may notice a performance difference after this update. If this happens, we recommend disabling high-res textures.
- Players will have the option to automatically reload their weapon when it runs out of ammo.
- An Armor status bar will be visible over avatars.
- Hover vehicle brakes were modified to allow brakes to function more efficiently. Vehicles affected: Magrider, Thresher, Router, Flail.
- Low-ratio gears (first and second gears) were adjusted (slightly) on the following vehicles in order to increase their torque (starting power) when trying to start moving uphill from a dead stop. Vehicles affected: AMS, Sunderer, Vanguard, Prowler, Magrider, Router, Flail.
- Levels of visibility have been honed for each of the different actions that Infiltrators can take - running, walking, crouch-walking, jumping, and shooting, etc. Further, the level of visibility has been adjusted to account for multiple simultaneous actions, such as jumping and shooting.
- Infiltrators will remain cloaked when they mount a vehicle, but will be partially visible as long as they occupy the seat. This adjustment does not apply to the wraith, which will remain fully invisible when sitting still, and become more visible at higher speeds.
- Fixed a bug that was causing Infiltrators to remain completely invisible when using the Flail's targeting laser. Infiltrators will now be as visible when using the Flail laser as they would while using any other piece of support equipment.
- Pistol slot items will no longer be visible in an Infiltration Suit.
- Hotswapping items will no longer cause infiltrators to become more visible.
- The Infiltration Status Icon will function properly, giving a visual indicator of how "cloaked" a player is.
- The nature of the Empire-specific Infiltration Suit models caused some suits to be more visible than others. We have adjusted parameters for each Empire to compensate for this.
- Added code for improved detection of speedhacking Exploits.
- Ammo boxes will no longer be visible through an AMS cloak bubble.
- Squad Leaders will be able to quickly drop a Personal Waypoint at the location of any squad member by right clicking on their icon in the squad bar.
- Activating the Surge Implant will now automatically holster any weapons or equipment that are currently drawn. The implant will automatically deactivate when a weapon is drawn. There will be a small delay after deactivation before the player may fire.
- Silent Run will be renamed Sensor Shield and will block detection from Motion Sensors, Spitfire Turrets, and Mosquito scans. Players become visible to sensors if they take any damage, fire a weapon, or use an object like a REK.
- Fixed a bug that would cause Infiltrators to be visible to newly spawned players.